Now Computer and Internet is part of our daily life. However, In this article, I give you a list of an amazing 20 Interesting Facts About Computer and Internet Technology.
20 Interesting Facts About Computer and Internet Technology:
- An Operating system is an interface Between the User and the Computer Hardware.
- Some popular Operating Systems are DOS, UNIX, Linux, Windows, Mac OS, etc.
- The Computer is a Data Processing Machine.
- The Internet was originally developed by the US Department of Defence.
- FAT 32 and NTFS are the two major file systems in Microsoft Windows.
- Website files in servers, which are powerful Computers. However, the website contains pages called Web pages.
- The Collection of all websites is called World wild web or WWW.
- Hypertext was first coined by Ted Nelson in the 1960s.
- MS Excel from Version 8 to 11 could handle 65,536 rows and 256 columns but later Version 12 can Handle 10,48,576 rows and 16,384 columns.
- HTML is a markup language. So It is used to create Web pages. In addition, it uses commands called Tags.
- Text editors are used to composing HTML documents. However, HTML documents are viewed in Web browsers.
- Speed of Computer (clock speed) is measured in Hertz(Hz).
- Speed of Morden Processors is often measured in Gigahertz(GHz).
- The Speed of Communication over a data channel is measured in ‘Baud’.
- DHCP or Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol is a network management protocol used on TCP/IP networks. So automatic and central management for the distribution of IP addresses within the Network.
- Data Encryption Standard (DES) is an implementation of a Feistel Cipher. So it uses a 16 round Feistel structure and the block size is 64 bits.
- Gateway is Used to connect two different networks using different Protocols.
- A Half byte is known as ‘Nibble’.
- Internet Society was formed in 1992 to promote the use of the Internet.
- IAS stands for Internet Application Software also known as Browsers.
Read Also: Good and Bad Side of the Internet
Read Also: List of Full Form Technologies and More
If you like the article please comment below to improve our articles