The primary duty of a user today is to block immediately if a personal SIM card is lost or stolen. Frankly, a lost SIM card can pose many dangers to us, as a result of which we may have to face different types of losses. These include the possibility of facing incidents ranging from loss of important data to bank fraud. So in this report, we will discuss what the user should do as the next step if the SIM card is lost. Let’s see how Jio and Airtel customers block their lost or stolen SIMs.
How Jio and Airtel customers block their lost or stolen SIMs
For Airtel: If the SIM card is lost, Airtel users can basically ‘block’ or deactivate the SIM card in three ways. For this, they can initially dial ‘121’ or ‘198’ from any other Airtel number to talk to the customer care representative of the company. In this case, if there is no other Airtel number nearby, the SIM card cancellation request can be submitted to Telco’s customer care by dialing ‘9849098490’ or ‘1800 103 4444’ from any other connection. In addition, customers can submit a SIM card cancellation request by visiting the nearest Airtel Store by providing the appropriate documents. Above all, it is possible for users to submit SIM card block or closure applications online. For that, you have to go to the ‘Help’ section of the Airtel Thanks app and select the live chat support option. Customers can easily submit the SIM card closure application by stating their problem there. Apart from these, if you wish to raise your issue with an Airtel representative, you need to send an email to the address ‘[email protected]’.
For Jio: Jio users can apply to customer care for SIM card blocking or cancellation by dialing ‘199’ initially. Apart from this, it is also possible for them to apply for a SIM ban by visiting the nearest Reliance Digital store. In both cases, the customers may have to submit the required documents. Apart from this, it is also possible to block the SIM by visiting the official website of Jio. How to do it is explained below.
- First of all log on to the official website of Jio.
- Then click on your name stored in the top right corner of the screen and select the ‘My Account option.
- Enter Settings by clicking on the gear icon.
- Then select the ‘Suspend & Resume’ option.
- Now click on the arrow button and choose why you want to block or turn off the SIM card.
- Then click on the ‘Suspended’ option.
- Your Jio number will be blocked in the next 15 minutes.
I think you get the information about how Jio and Airtel customers block their lost or stolen SIMs. Thank you so that this important information reaches other people as well, and they can also take advantage of it🙂.
- Top 7 prepaid plans of Reliance Jio with 2GB data per day Benefits
- Reliance Jio’s best plan, unlimited calls with 2GB data per day at Rs 240 per month
Be the first to get news Google News to follow here